Sunday, November 9, 2014

Favorite Holiday

Earlier this week I asked my followers on Twitter and my friends on Facebook. The week started well and then I got an idea I've always wanted to ask my friends a question, given that I don't really know them that well, I decided to ask a question that I've always wanted to write about in my blog " what is your favorite Holiday? Many of you said that Thanksgiving is your favorite time of the year, because its when we are all thankful and grateful to our family our friends. A lot of you preferred veteran's day. Veteran's day, a day to honor the fallen soldiers and what inspired the Am Vets. Many responded with Valentine's Day. However the answers I got the most were : Christmas. Christmas is, like the song says the most wonderful time of the year. Many kids and some adults love Christmas and they like it, because they get present. But to some, and to me as well Christmas is about spending time with the people you love. Christmas isn't just about giving presents or caroling out in the snow or scary ghost stories, its about being with your family. A wise woman once told me " if you are going to give something, make sure it comes from your heart and because you want to give that person a present, don't expect something in return". Now that we are in November, we are starting to countdown the days until Christmas comes, and its only 49 days away. However as the weeks start to pass by really fast, I don't want Christmas to come.....yet. Why? Because once Christmas comes, you know that its going to by extremely fast and then the next thing you know its December 31st! And then the year ends and a new one begins, and we have to wait one more year, for black Friday, one more year for Thanksgiving and hearing the beautiful Christmas songs on the radio Kost 103.5 One more year for Christmas and one more year for New Year's eve. So yes my favorite Holiday is indeed Christmas, but I don't want it to come fast, I want it to come slow. Because let's face it, after Thanksgiving, the weeks go by fast!. So remember to have a Happy Thanksgiving and beautiful Christmas, and like the song says "Rockin' around the Christmas tree". Always remember that when you're going to give something, give because you want to give, don't give because you feel obligated too, make sure it comes from the bottom of your heart and that you give the present, with lots of love and remember the most important thing, don't expect something in return". This is Kimmy bidding you Adieu. And don't forget to tune in to kost 103.5 because sometime between Friday, Saturday or Monday they will start to play the Christmas Songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment