Saturday, March 29, 2014

Play of the Titanic

One of the best things that has ever happened to me in my entire life, was that I got to play the main character of Rose in the play of the titanic in the second grade. We spent a lot of time preparing the play the dolphins, the boat that carries Rose when Jack dies, the whistle they gave to me, painting the boat, learning the lines, learning the dances it was a bit stressful, but I was happy I was kind of my teacher's right hand. The day of the play instead of being backstage after saying my lines I would be bossing the students around, not bossing them but just letting them know that their part was up. And then me pretending to slip and my partner grabbing me that way I wouldn't fall. In fact it was there where I got my first crush even though, throughout my entire life I got rejected by him. Learning the song was easy but that is when my teacher told me "you have to put a lot of heart into the song" and that is exactly what I did, to this day when I sing this song at home I put a lot of heart into it. The show itself was full a lot of teachers, principal, vice principal, other students from the third, fourth, fifth, first. And when I saw those people I was scared and I was nervous and I thought that I was going to forget my lines and forget the lyrics to the song, all the while I kept thinking "what if they don't like me or what if they don't accept me" but I said to myself "no I got this role, and I studied hard for this part and I am going to bring out the best in me and pour my heart out to the audience and I am going to prove to the teacher that he did not make a mistake in giving me this part" and that is exactly what I did and the audience they cheered me on and I felt happy. I felt lucky! To this date its one of the best memories that I have in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment