Saturday, March 29, 2014

Memoirs of me: Kimmy

One of the best memories that I will ever have, was in the second grade I did the play of the Titanic and I played the lead Rose. One of the worst things though of the play is that my front teeth fell out therefore when I sang the love song "My heart will go on" everyone could see the gap in my teeth. Originally in the beginning I was supposed to be Old Rose but then when the teacher heard that my classmate could not sing and when he heard my voice he decided that she would play my grandmother and I would portray her granddaughter, therefore I got the lead. For weeks I spent practicing my lines and mom would tell me "ok don't memorize the lines of jack, memorize your lines" not only did I have to practice my lines, but I also had to practice the song. The day of the show I was a nervous wreck, all the while I kept thinking "what If I forget my lines or what if I forget the song"? but I did it. The nerve wrecking part came when I had to sing the song. A week before the show I remember that Mr Brown my teacher told me that when I sang the song I had to put a lot of heart into it, into the song and that is exactly what I did. I got to say that I was a little emotional. I guess you could say that it was the first and the last time I got up on stage, for years I have been longing to get up on a stage and start singing but that's where I say to myself "what if they boo me" or what if they don't accept me, I know for a fact though that one day I will get up on stage even if it is to be booed.

No comments:

Post a Comment