Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Memories Of Externship

Hi, I'm Kimmy, and when I took the medical assistant course one of the main subjects in the class was that after finishing the class, we had to do our Externship where we basicallyttake all the skills we learned in class and apply it at the clinic. Everyone says that they have great memories of extern, but I don't. Externship was a horrible experience. Obviously I came in I would do vital signs, etc but for some reason the blood pressure I wasn't getting it right. It took me a week to really understand that I wasn't listening to the  b/pI i was looking. One of the doctors was nice, but the other one she would snap her fingers at me, rather than calling me by my actual name, she would snap her fingers at me as if I was an animal. Then to make matters worse the boss never treated me right. I did get one good thing out of it though, I got to prove that I was the best. Maybe it was the horrible experience at Externship was what made me lose my passion in medical assisting, I went back to school to do medical terminology, but it wasn't the same anymore, it was different, it was like all the passion I had for m.a disappeared into a poof of air. I did get a good thing out of it though; I found my real passion in life:photography; it's something that I have a passion about and I have high aspirations of becoming a photographer. And now I am going back to school to finish the two courses I need to get my diploma. Even if I don't find a job as a medical assistant I will find a a job as a medical receptionist.

No comments:

Post a Comment